Back-Lit Keyboard Not Very Bright?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tafb, Oct 15, 2008.

1. tafb macrumors newbie

i have the new 2.4 macbook with the back-lit keyboard. however, the back-lighting on the keyboard is not very bright. i can tell that the light is coming on (because i can see a light come on through the spaces in the keyboard), but the keys are not very bright (not nearly as bright as my MBP keyboard where the letters on the keys glow in low light conditions). the keys on the macbook are actually difficult to see in a room with low light (even with the keyboard brightness turned all the way up). can anyone else with a new macbook comment on the keyboard brightness issue (or compare with another back lit keyboard)? frankly, if this is as bright as the keys get, then the illuminated keyboard is not a significant benefit...the keys seem to be illuminated more by the screen than the light under the keyboard.

2. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

the macbook's keyboard light is the same as my air's. unless something is wrong with yours, that is how the light is.

3. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

also, post a pic of your keyboard lit to the max. That will help to compare to others