Back matte iPhone 4 skin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ThaDoggg, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I'm looking for a good back only matte skin that uses the dry install method. I know there's powersupport and wrapsol but I believe I would have to buy the entire kit and I'm hoping I can find just the back somewhere as I'm using the SGP Oleo for the front.

Thanks in advance!

2. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

It's not dry install but in case you change your mind and decide to try a wet install, Phantom Skinz has good back only kits.

3. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I personally don't like SGP's fronts (just my preference) but their matte back was great while I used it. It was a wet install, but it took literally one spray of solution as the skin is made to stretch in order to fit.

As for dry back only, I don't know of any that are rear only. You have to buy a front and back. I believe for 10 bucks you can a full body skin that is matte. True it is solid black, but it provides great protection and is a dry install.

link: http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/45306

4. jLp-PR macrumors regular

I can vouch for Phantom Skinz matte back shield.

Wet install, btw.

5. ctbear macrumors 6502a

I'm using a matte back and side shield from SGP, feels really nice and seems very scratch resistant. Oh, wet install as well, but it is really simple.
    For the front I just use the crystal clear hard film that comes with the set. Very good quality as well.

6. ThaDoggg thread starter macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Seems that the consensus on the board is that Phantom Skinz is pretty good. Price is not that bad as well considering I just want the back piece. Might give it a try.

7. Blinded macrumors 6502

I ordered the Phantom Skinz matte back over the weekend, I'm hoping to have it by tomorrow. I'll post some pics once I install it on my phone. Here's a 35% discount code if plan on trying them out, "phantomtweet".

8. ThaDoggg thread starter macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

haha thanks for the code I was actually planning on using that one...I figured they would have a discount posted on their twitter page.

9. sanderbrow4 macrumors newbie