Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThaDoggg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
Burlington, Canada
I'm looking for a good back only matte skin that uses the dry install method. I know there's powersupport and wrapsol but I believe I would have to buy the entire kit and I'm hoping I can find just the back somewhere as I'm using the SGP Oleo for the front.

Thanks in advance!

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
It's not dry install but in case you change your mind and decide to try a wet install, Phantom Skinz has good back only kits.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I'm looking for a good back only matte skin that uses the dry install method. I know there's powersupport and wrapsol but I believe I would have to buy the entire kit and I'm hoping I can find just the back somewhere as I'm using the SGP Oleo for the front.

Thanks in advance!

I personally don't like SGP's fronts (just my preference) but their matte back was great while I used it. It was a wet install, but it took literally one spray of solution as the skin is made to stretch in order to fit.

As for dry back only, I don't know of any that are rear only. You have to buy a front and back. I believe for 10 bucks you can a full body skin that is matte. True it is solid black, but it provides great protection and is a dry install.

link: http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/45306

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
I'm using a matte back and side shield from SGP, feels really nice and seems very scratch resistant. Oh, wet install as well, but it is really simple.
For the front I just use the crystal clear hard film that comes with the set. Very good quality as well.

ThaDoggg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
Burlington, Canada
Seems that the consensus on the board is that Phantom Skinz is pretty good. Price is not that bad as well considering I just want the back piece. Might give it a try.

Blinded

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2009
I ordered the Phantom Skinz matte back over the weekend, I'm hoping to have it by tomorrow. I'll post some pics once I install it on my phone. Here's a 35% discount code if plan on trying them out, "phantomtweet".

ThaDoggg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
Burlington, Canada
I ordered the Phantom Skinz matte back over the weekend, I'm hoping to have it by tomorrow. I'll post some pics once I install it on my phone. Here's a 35% discount code if plan on trying them out, "phantomtweet".

haha thanks for the code I was actually planning on using that one...I figured they would have a discount posted on their twitter page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.