Back of iPhone 3G not flush with bezel...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevenmatyas, Aug 13, 2008.

1. stevenmatyas macrumors newbie

Like the title says, the back casing of my new iPhone 3G is not flush with the bezel along almost the entire left side and a bit on the right side. is this enough for a replacement?

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

3. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

if you are unhappy with it I would say yes, i've seen this problem before and it was replaced I think the guy was on the apple support forums. When I went to get mine replaced for a software issue they said they only replace hardware problems so that to me is a hardware issue make sure there are no dings in it though they do a very very thorough check of the phone.

4. stevenmatyas thread starter macrumors newbie

it would be really hard to see in a picture, but it's pretty noticeable. i have kept my phone in a case since the minute i peeled the plastic off, so they better not find anything wrong with it :D

5. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

I got mine replaced for very minor flaws and got lucky and ended up with nearly perfect replacement :)

If it's noticeable, and it bothers you, then I'd set up an appointment and get it replaced!

6. stevenmatyas thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks all for your advice, i'll be taking it in tomorrow morning :) too bad i'll have to do a restore to rid of all evidence of the jailbreak...:(

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

you do realize that if they do swap your phone, there is no guarantee the replacement won't have the same prob. Or worse; maybe dead pixels/dust/light leaks/cracks/yellow screen.

8. ibizarocks macrumors regular

DUDE! my bezel isn't flush with the back at all and all on the sides there are little nicks where they havent finished it properly BUT that is the ONLY problem. If you get another it may be full of them and you'll wish you never got it replaced.

9. warburg macrumors 6502

When they give you a replacement, is it a new phone or a refurbished phone?:confused: