Back of the Album artwork

Discussion in 'iPod' started by hdsalinas, Jul 25, 2007.

1. hdsalinas macrumors 6502

hdsalinas

Hi,

wouldnt it be neat if you could click and hold any of the album artwork in cover flow and the album would flip and you could see the artwork in the back of the physical Cd case?

Is there a way to add this function to itunes?

i like some of the artwork on the back of some CDs and I would love to see it once and a while. It would make my digital music library feel more physical.

Just wondering...

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

You can certainly do it in iTunes, but I don't think cover flow would pick it up (the way you describe it might be pretty cool).

Anyway, to add secondary art, just select your song or album and drag the image to the album graphic that's already there. Just drop it right on top.
    This will give you two graphics for the song / album.

Now notice you have two arrows in the little gray bar above the graphic now (not the arrow in the circle, that's for Selected Item / Now Playing). Click those (left & right) to toggle back and forth between your primary & secondary graphic.

The one that was there first will show by default but you can easily "flip" it over to the other graphic by clicking the little arrow just above the CD graphic.

You can manage the art later by taking "Get Info" on the track and looking under the "Artwork" tab. There you can add, delete and re-order the associated artwork.

I do this sometimes for a single. I'll put the single art as secondary behind the album art. It's also handy if you want the album art for a "greatest hits" CD to be the default, but want the original source-album art as secondary.

You can add more than just 2 as well. Your third could be a band shot.

(Ugh, this would be so much easier if I had Skitch! Anybody wanna give me an invite so I can give visual aids to my posts? Pleeeeeeeease?????).