Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
So i just moved to AZ from chicago and since i have been here i have managed to scratch the crap outta the back of my iphone.. I dont know how, I dont spin it around or slide it on tables. The front screen is perfect, its just the back... I was wondering if other peoples are pretty scratched up on the back.
On the :apple: logo seems to be the worst

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
So i just moved to AZ from chicago and since i have been here i have managed to scratch the crap outta the back of my iphone.. I dont know how, I dont spin it around or slide it on tables. The front screen is perfect, its just the back... I was wondering if other peoples are pretty scratched up on the back.
On the :apple: logo seems to be the worst

This is expensive, but if you want you can buy a replacement casing here.

Then slap an invisible shield on the back or get a case.

That's the problem with Apple's choice to go plastic. It scratches like mad. I was so proud of Apple for creating a virtually scratch-proof device with the original (save for the chrome bezel) but with the 3G they took a ginormous step backwards in that respect.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51

That's the problem with Apple's choice to go plastic. It scratches like mad. I was so proud of Apple for creating a virtually scratch-proof device with the original (save for the chrome bezel) but with the 3G they took a ginormous step backwards in that respect.

It doesnt bother me enuff to replace the case but ive had my iPhone for a while and just recently it seems to be taking a lot of scratches. Almost like some "protective coat" has worn off or something..

its no big deal, something i can live with... After all it is just a phone.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It doesnt bother me enuff to replace the case but ive had my iPhone for a while and just recently it seems to be taking a lot of scratches. Almost like some "protective coat" has worn off or something..

its no big deal, something i can live with... After all it is just a phone.

I'd still suggest perhaps an invisible shield. It may help mask the scratches that are there now and also prevent future scratches.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007

Why can't we purchase PRODUCT(RED) back casings? Seems like an opportunity for a third-party.

I'd still suggest perhaps an invisible shield. It may help mask the scratches that are there now and also prevent future scratches.

iStyles or Gelaskins will return your iPhone to its shiny beginnings. I had one since I purchased it and there isn't a single blemish underneath.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.