BACK of the iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shady825, Nov 16, 2008.

1. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

So i just moved to AZ from chicago and since i have been here i have managed to scratch the crap outta the back of my iphone.. I dont know how, I dont spin it around or slide it on tables. The front screen is perfect, its just the back... I was wondering if other peoples are pretty scratched up on the back.
    On the :apple: logo seems to be the worst

2. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

This is expensive, but if you want you can buy a replacement casing here.

Then slap an invisible shield on the back or get a case.

That's the problem with Apple's choice to go plastic. It scratches like mad. I was so proud of Apple for creating a virtually scratch-proof device with the original (save for the chrome bezel) but with the 3G they took a ginormous step backwards in that respect.

3. shady825 thread starter macrumors 68000

shady825

It doesnt bother me enuff to replace the case but ive had my iPhone for a while and just recently it seems to be taking a lot of scratches. Almost like some "protective coat" has worn off or something..

its no big deal, something i can live with... After all it is just a phone.

4. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

I'd still suggest perhaps an invisible shield. It may help mask the scratches that are there now and also prevent future scratches.

5. kolax macrumors G3

Wow - they charge an extra $30 for the back to say 16GB instead of 8GB. How pathetic...

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Why can't we purchase PRODUCT(RED) back casings? Seems like an opportunity for a third-party.

iStyles or Gelaskins will return your iPhone to its shiny beginnings. I had one since I purchased it and there isn't a single blemish underneath.