Back on SL it feels like an upgrade over Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by baddj, Aug 7, 2011.

1. baddj macrumors 6502

So i had an issue and had to format (could not use the recovery HD as you have to have to net connected to use it FAIL and my net was down at the time)

So i reinstalled using the snow leopard disk, I can say it feels like a big upgrade in terms of speed. Also having spaces back i can now say mission control feels so messy and bloated.

2. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

3. marc11 macrumors 68000

4. tom5304 macrumors regular

I felt the same way when I dumped Lion and went back to Snow Leopard.

Browser speed is much quicker on Snow Leopard. Maybe because my internet connection actually works on Snow Leopard. :D

But seriously, the whole machine, from the Finder to each and every App, just loads and runs snappier in Snow Leopard than it did in Lion.

So you're right, it really does feel like an upgrade.

P.S. Oh, and thank you to gemutlichkeit and marc11 for keeping this thread on the front page so I could see it. Thanks!

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Funny how many annoying complainers there are on a site dedicated to mac!! If you hate it so much sell your mac and get a dell or something....this is really getting out of hand!

6. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea i am really thinking of going back to building my own computers and using windows as the Mac community seems to be more of a religion then a community ;)

7. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I use what works best and the years of using windows/mac/linux, mac is the best and apple products are the best. That's all there is to it! If it sucked I wouldn't use it. No religion needed!

8. tom5304 macrumors regular

I find it annoying that you complain about complainers.

I should sell my Mac because Apple produced a botched, buggy OS upgrade? You're silly. My Mac runs fine on Snow Leopard. Why sell? :p

9. mrmister macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat...staying on SL for now after testing Lion. Maybe after they fix the bugs I'll be back...maybe. We'll see.

10. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

I prefer Lion over Snow Leopard, especially when it comes to clamshell mode where I don't need to have my laptop plugged into an outlet for clamshell mode to work, also Filevault 2 is great