Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
I was thinking about some options to cover the back, since I hate the feel of the print and how the fingerprints/scratches show up so easily. I saw that there was painting available for something like $90... but that's just insane. I figured I might as well screw mine up by myself, instead of paying someone $90 to do it (and take the fun out of it!). Does anyone know if painting the back is safe, and what paints would you recommend? Thanks.

RollTide

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
Alabama
I was thinking about some options to cover the back, since I hate the feel of the print and how the fingerprints/scratches show up so easily. I saw that there was painting available for something like $90... but that's just insane. I figured I might as well screw mine up by myself, instead of paying someone $90 to do it (and take the fun out of it!). Does anyone know if painting the back is safe, and what paints would you recommend? Thanks.

Definitely any kind of lead based paint. No I'm just kidding, any paint that you would put on your car would be safe on the ipod. Hmmm further from that, there is a variety of heat resistant paint out there, but do your research on those first. Hope this helps.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
Definitely any kind of lead based paint. No I'm just kidding, any paint that you would put on your car would be safe on the ipod. Hmmm further from that, there is a variety of heat resistant paint out there, but do your research on those first. Hope this helps.
So my popsicles colored with lead paints aren't good?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.