Back protection for iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pedgy, Oct 6, 2012.

1. pedgy macrumors newbie

2. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i have been looking for back protection as well .. currently using an incipio feather but dont really like the way it feels ..

the mix looks good but i dont want a matte back .. the other full body protection they offer is wet application .. still unsure what to get

3. pedgy thread starter macrumors newbie

but the matte is just for the aluminum part to still give it that affect. The tops and bottoms are the ultra crystal

4. julius071 macrumors regular

I'm still using the back protector from factory. Can't beat original Apple back protectors. Haha...

5. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

oh really? hmmm .. maybe ill give it a try

just ordered one

6. Myrr macrumors member

7. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

8. mariotr87 macrumors regular

Best skins ever looks like the best option to me.

9. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

I bought some generic ones off eBay. Dry install and works like a charm

10. Slightly Hyphy macrumors member

If you use a case for the IP5, do you still need to buy a back protection film?

11. ARMizApple macrumors newbie

Which ones did you end up buying?

12. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130771007987

My only gripe is that there's slight bubbles where the aluminum section of the phone ends because its slightly raised. I'm thinking of cutting the protector into 3 pieces similar to the spigan films. Since its a 5 pack, there's room for experimentation.

Other than that the overall cut of the film and camera/light hole is perfect.

13. Mr. RPG macrumors 6502a

What about the front protector? It covers the camera, does the camera still work well?

I am interested in getting this, it's cheaper and ships much quicker than the ones from China. :p

14. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I would have gotten the spigen dry install if it had been out when I ordered, but I got a bestskinsever full body and only applied the back. It's still drying right now, so the jury is out, but I think it will be good for the cost. But, of course you have to be ok with doing a wet install.

15. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

I'm actually not using the front ones. I'm using the spigen ultra clear for front. I bought this primarily for the back films :D

16. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

17. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

Just received this set from Spigen/SGP, and after just a few hours with it, I have to say my opinion is good.

I was a little skeptical about the matte back/crystal back but they went on surprisingly well! So well that many cases I have for the iPhone 5 still work well!

The matte portion of the rear protector imitates the feel if the aluminum very well and the other two pieces do the same for the glass of the back of the phone.

I was already using the Spigen/SGP Ultra-Olephobic for the front of the iPhone 5, so I have not used the one they included as part of the set.

I like the feel of the phone with nothing on it, and this combo by Spigen/SGP seems to be on the right track!

18. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

I ordered the iCarbons Black Carbon Fiber, had this on my iPhone 4S and really liked it. I tried the Wrapsol back cover and didn't like it at all.