Back protection

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by micrors4racer, May 16, 2012.

1. micrors4racer macrumors 6502

I love using my ipad with the bare back but I am interested in keeping it clean for a higher resale value. What brands do you guys use for an adhesive back protector? I prefer a smooth glass like finish like the type you would find on a cheap iphone screen protector (the expensive ones tend to have the orange peel texture).

A hardcover recommendation would be good too. What are the good clear plastic back protectors that are compatible with a smart cover?

2. number84 macrumors 6502

bestskinsever - they sorta have the orange peely feeling but it's on the back, so who cares....but i think they are also grippier and would add slightly more bump protection than a crystal clear one as i think they're a tad thicker.

3. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I use zagg full body hd... Like the grippy ness on the back but the front is not cool. Wouldn't recommend!

4. donnaw macrumors 65816

I had Ghost Armor put on my husband's and grandkids iPads. No rubbery feel. Like it much better than Zagg (which I had been using for years on my phones). I actually had the full install so those iPads have front and back. The screen part is a lot nicer than I expected. Finger slides smoothly and is crystal clear.

I put an iCarbons sticker on my first iPad and have a Zagg Leather on my new iPad. The iCarbons when on pretty easily and looks great even today (more than a year later) and added almost no bulk. They have a lot of different styles and colors. The Zagg leather does add a bit of bulk, not much but probably enough to not meet your requirements. I like it though.