iPad Back protector for iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by scubacat, Nov 26, 2013.

1. scubacat macrumors member

I plan to buy a folio case (likely Devicewear Ridge) and screen protector when I buy an iPad Air, but do I need some sort of back protector/skin if it will be in the case? I don't want the exposed areas (i.e. the camera) to get scratched and I don't want the case to scratch the back.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I'm asking because my iPhone has the Power Support front and back protectors and a case. I notice that the screen protectors available for iPad don't come with the back protector.

BTW, if I wanted a back protector, what are my options? Would I get a skin such as Best Skins Ever? And would it fit in a case with that on?

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Back protector for iPad Air

You do not need a back protector as the case already protects the back:
    Double checking you are talking about this case:
    Devicewear Slim iPad Air Case the Ridge with Six Position Flip Stand, Magnetic, and On/Off Switch - Black (RDG-IPA-BLK)
    http://amzn.com/B00G4EBO24

----------

[​IMG]

3. pat park macrumors 6502a

If the skin goes up on the sides of the iPad, when pulling the case on or off you could pull the corners of the skin off. If I was committed to using a case, I wouldn't apply any back skin. If I was committed to using a skin, no case.

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Sounds like he wants a skin to go on the back under the case to protect the back from the case.
    Seems wasteful to me.

5. scubacat thread starter macrumors member

Yes, that's the case. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll just stick the the case and no skin.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Were you thinking that that case will scratch the iPad? I baby my new iPad Air with a screen protector and Poetics Graphgrip silicon case. It works great.

7. scubacat thread starter macrumors member

Yes. I plan to get a screen protector, but I was wondering about a back protector because on my iPhone I have a Power Support back protector and somehow the back has a lot of scratches even though it is always in the case. I don't want the same thing to happen to the iPad in the case. It sounds like you just put yours in the case with only a screen protector, and everyone here is saying it's a waste to put something on the back.

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Best thing to do is make sure the case that holds the iPad in place is clean and the back of the iPad is clean. Also I recommend tech Armors screen protectors.
    Tech Armor Apple iPad Air (Generation 5) Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [2-PACK] - Retail Packaging
    http://amzn.com/B00EL94Z4I
    Always my screen protector company. Also you get lifetime replacements. I have 4 replacement packs already.