Back screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jack66, Sep 15, 2014.

1. jack66 macrumors member

Hi, I already bought a tempered glass screen protector for my iphone 6 but does anyone know where I can buy a skin for just the back screen? thanks.

2. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Back screen?

Since the new iPhones are curved, wet install would be ideal for the back. There are plenty: Skinomi, Best Skins Ever, Phantom Skinz, Xtremeguard, Zagg, etc etc.

3. marvel2 macrumors 6502

I just ordered a skin from Best Skins Ever since they're only $5.84 for pre-order. Haven't tried any of the other skins.

4. walds11 macrumors 6502a

How do some of these products compare to ZAGG and clear-coat? I've used those in the past and have been very happy with them. Is it going to be tough to install back protection on the curved edges of the new iPhones?

5. wxnats macrumors 6502a

Ordered a Zagg Glass for the front. Looking for something for the back of the phone.

6. jack66 thread starter macrumors member

Ditto but I can only find ugly full body sets and not just singular back protection

7. walds11 macrumors 6502a

That's what I am finding as well. I don't want a back protector that wraps around the curved edges, just something for the very back. Is that possible with the new design of the iPhone with the curved edges?

8. IamFaustus macrumors member

I ordered the xtremeguard back protector. It might be worth a look especially with the 85% off coupon.

9. walds11 macrumors 6502a

85% off. Wow! What's the code? They are offering 50% in their website.

10. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I haven't had much luck either finding a protector for the back of the iPhone 6. Its probably because the manufacturers are guessing in many cases as the phone isn't available yet.

I bought a Spigen Neo Hybrid EX bumper and need a protector for the front and back. So far no luck. :(

11. nathdogg macrumors regular

12. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I purchased a Spigen Neo Hybrid EX bumper as well. I am hoping that any of these back protectors will work with the bumper. I don't use a screen protector.

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I might consider the second link, thanks very much for sharing :)

I have had a Spigen Bumper on my current iPhone 5 for nearly two years now and had a protector front and back. The phone is in mint condition so I dare not risk it by not using them on the 6 with another bumper.

14. nathdogg macrumors regular

Back screen protector

Your welcome.

I think I will also order the second one as well. The main reason I went for the first is that it's dispatched from the UK whereas I'm sure the second one will be coming from the US, so just wanted to have something for Friday.

The only protection I will be using will be a front screen protector and hopefully one on the back to protect from scratches. I think I will bite the bullet and get AppleCare+ when the phone arrives though.

Edit - Does anyone have any experience of these wet apply skins/protectors? Are they easy to apply and remove without any problems?

Thanks.

15. nathdogg macrumors regular

I've actually decided on this one from bestskinsever if you are still interested.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/iphone-6-skins

They are currently offering 35% off if you preorder. They will be manufacturing the skins and protectors once they get hold of the phones, so hopefully this will mean a perfect fit.

16. jack66 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I'll probably get the Skinomi one as a stop gap until I find something better since it's cheap

17. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Please post here if anyone finds a decent matte type back skin. I'm looking for a little more grip. Something clear and glossy like the zagg would work but not a fan of how they look or feel (tacky)

18. nathdogg macrumors regular

The bestskinsever one is available in matte.

They have a lot of positive reviews as far as I can see.

19. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I actually used bestskinsever probably 6+ years ago when all they had was glossy skins.

20. wxnats macrumors 6502a

Just ordered this one for the +. Thanks for the suggestion.

21. macher macrumors 65816

macher

Zagg HDX full body is the way to go. AT&T store has them in stock. Bought mine a couple of days ago.

22. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Same here, got 50% accessories with my FAN discount :) Didn't get a chance to open the package yet. How is the back protector? Will it wrap around the curved edges of the new design? It's a dry install, wonder how easy or tough it will be install? I usually go to ZAGG kiosk at the mall and have them install, but won't have a chance to get there for a while so decided to pull trigger on the ZAGG hdx full body.

23. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

it's too bad zagg doesn't have a matte option

24. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Ditto. I usually go with phantomskins or bestskinsever for matte. Way cheaper than zagg too.