Back Support for Lightning Dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tech19181, Dec 15, 2012.

1. tech19181 macrumors newbie

tech19181

Hello:
    I'm thinking about getting this dock:

http://www.thelightningdock.com/products/iphone-5-dock

and I wanted to know if the back support is necessary or if the lightning dock is strong enough on it's own. I don't want to hurt the phone but I also want the dock to look good.

Thanks!

2. dinggus macrumors 65816

I'd be afraid of actually reaching over, pushing the iPhone to far back and snapping the male portion off.

If it was me, I'd get the back. But, I've read reviews stating if it's just for the iPhone, the back isn't really necessary.

3. ssemmel macrumors newbie

Hi. I have the lightning dock and it is truuly not necessary. I have a case that is .5mm think and it doesn't fit with the back so unless the phone is bare I don't think it will fit. Love the dock!

4. tech19181 thread starter macrumors newbie

tech19181

Black Aluminum or Silver Aluminum?

So I decided to go against getting the back because i would only be putting an iPhone in it and I have the Incase Slider (I want to keep the case on when I charge it). The company did say that it should work with a "thin" case (I e-mailed them) but based on what was said earlier in the forum I'm not going to risk it. My last question is black or silver? I would be getting the bead (not brushed) finish and I have a black iPhone 5 now, but would it look odd if I eventually got a white iPhone (and had the black dock)?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]