Back to a non-smartphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chuchichan, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

I've been debating for some time returning to a "regular" phone and maybe getting an iPad (wifi). I've been using the iPhone for two years and my contract is up. I do make use of the iPhone, but I'm thinking that maybe I'd be less distracted and not feel obligated to check Facebook every hour if I was a bit less connected.

The only thing I could see missing would be access to email during the day. I suppose at times it is convenient to be able to reply to someone's mail quickly (especially because I'm looking for a job now). But, other than that, I could live without an iPhone I suppose.

What do you all think? Anyone else feel this way or can think of other pros of the iPhone that I will miss but am overlooking?

Thanks!

2. Jaypi macrumors regular

Jaypi

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its your choice if you want to disconnect yourself from some habits.
    Personally I wouldnt. I like having my data access everywhere and the tons of things I can do with my iphone that I couldnt do 6 years go with regural cellphones.

4. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

There's got to be an easier, less drastic way to curb your Facebooking habits.

5. Chuchichan thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah. You're all right. I will miss having access to my email too much. It's not really a habit with Facebook that I have, but rather I feel like I need to check. It's only perhaps 2 minutes per day, but that's two minutes I could be doing something more productive.

Anyways, anyone else feel like this? Perhaps the best thing to do is just delete the app.

6. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

I deleted Facebook completely. I realized that it wasn't anything special and took to much of my time.

I tried deleting the app but it always made it back onto the phone within a few days of not having it.

7. dinggus macrumors 65816

8. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

There are feature phones that have email capabilities.