Back to iP5 after BB Q10 and S4 test.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Sunsenista, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Sunsenista macrumors newbie

Well for 4 months i try to convince myself i needed to try what competition has to give me so well i tried...but back to IP5 for simplicity, smoothness and app world. But let me describe where those phone can't be my daily phone:

For the BB Q10 :

+Keyboard was awesome
    +Feeling in the hand very nice, premium handset with nice build.
    -But app store is awful even if you want side load = not safe at all and i didn't like do it have to use lot of step to put androids app to the phone.
    -Random lag and reboot
    -30 days emails services
    -Update done by carrier and not but BB so if you have a new update with a new app and you can't update then can't install that app. Sometimes have to wait or not see the last update gone
    -After two months, when go to my carrier all BB 10 phone displayed where completely buggy with screen completely buggy isn't serious at all.

For the S4:

+Very good screen
    +battery extra plus sim card
    +love integration and how google environment work especially for sharing
    +photo quality was very nice and crisp
    +Swype keyboard
    -lag well compared to Iphone yes lag is present even if some people don't see it
    -camera take time to open so no responsive quickly, i fail shot because of that
    -battery is something like one day is ok the another quickly drain
    -android app to me looks cheap and so on
    -spend more time on customization than other things so kind of addict stuff to always change back change especially with nova launcher.
    -use that phone for one hand is almost impossible not because of my hand because won't recognize
    -After some using time swype lag

Well after i tried almost best phone in android and BB way, i just move back to the environment that suit my needs in the whole way :
    -apps and app store is truly the best over there
    -responsiveness rapidity and liability

Every year i tried what competition has to offer and my feeling is still the same:
    IOS vs Android with a very close fight but android after trying a lot of device on it : S3 S4 Note2 Xiaomi 2S Nexus4 well always let me feel the lag compared to iPhone with sometimes reboot and so on.

If i will test another phone in the future...don't think so because iPhone show me that the size is perfect for what i do! shape is very nice in the hand, IOS gives people some of their real need like the control center and the sharing options that's all i need for the moment.

:D;):p:apple:

2. 617aircav Suspended

Man slow day. These comparison threads are boring. Nothing new to report, just the same old cliche's.

3. bursthead macrumors 6502

bursthead

Exactly how I feel OP. Had the Z10, Note 2, S4 and HTC One. There is something about iOS that you cannot find on any of those.

Though I am looking forward to bb10 in a year. Like many bloggers and reviewers have said its a really young OS. It's only beginning to mature, but I feel it's the closest thing you can get to iOS. The keyboard is awesome!

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I also find it weird that people will buy 3 or 4 phones in a year...seems beyond ridiculous to me.

5. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I had a BB Storm2 for two years. Don't miss it at all! The giant button screen was awkward and the lack of apps was disappointing. Not to mention that they discontinued support after I'd had it for just a few months. I have only used android on friends' phones, so I can't really compare.

6. Sunsenista thread starter macrumors newbie

Not that ridiculous it's a fact and people need to try to let them know like or dislike.

If you boring read those thread then do read it...

Well that's just my feeling and why after a long run of using phone that will be probably the last time I did it. iPhone is for more the more suitable phone in the market. Point made.

7. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Welcome back

8. Explicitic macrumors 6502

I really think we need some kind of *official* thread or sticky dedicated to personal device comparisons & opinions. Can someone get on this please?

9. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Bet your tone would've been different if he had said he hated iOS and switched to Android.

10. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Iphone 5 to S4

Ip5 was good. I like the S4 better. Big Screen, etc. I always use 2 hands with my phone, but if you have tiny, little hands, then the Ip5 might be good for you.

11. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I find it weird that people feel the need to come into threads and get all judgmental and interject their opinions on what other people do with their own money.

Go ahead...judge me. 3 or 4 phones in a year? How about the fact that I own 4 phones RIGHT NOW? That must just blow your mind! iPhone 5, Note 2, LG OG, and I sold my HTC One yesterday and bought a S4.

How's them apples?

12. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

Aka being a girl ;)

13. skratch77 macrumors 65816

You should of kept the gs4 for at least one more day as they all just got a major update and I can't seem to find any lag on my phone now.

This phone is flying right now!

14. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

If you have to use two hands with an S4.....I think you are the one with tiny, little hands.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I pretty much always use two hands on my phone unless I am just looking at a notification. I text with two hands, I browse with one hand on the phone and the other navigating....pretty much everything.

16. dingster1 macrumors regular

Nice comparison. Some people,like me have phone addiction and like swapping phones frequently

17. rockitdog macrumors 68020

You know what they say about a guy with little hands....

18. PollyK macrumors regular

They say he must use an iPhone?
    Lol. I kid.

19. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

... and it's very good for the economy :D

As for me, I moved to the S4 and not looking at going back towards an iOS7 device... but I understand people who do.

20. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

If you think me stating my opinion that it's ridiculous to buy 4 phones in a year is somehow attacking you I think the problem's with you, not me. People say it's ridiculous to smoke, drink, play video games, own multiple tvs, own cats, or eat meat. Am I getting all defense because other people don't share my views? Not really. You can keep buying 4 phones a year (though I'm not sure why, there are hundreds more to try out) but don't expect sympathy when you complain that companies just start making crap products, you're the one making it worthwhile for them.

21. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

You sound pretty defensive here. :p

And hundreds more to try? Really? What are there in any given year? 4-5 flagship phones? I do this because the only way to know what phones work best for you is to actually use them in day-to-day life. I always laugh at people that advise others to go into a store and try different phones out, like that's going to give them a good idea of how well a particular phone works over the long haul.

And if a phone I buy is crap, it's easy enough to do what I do...sell it and never buy that brand again (until I see others saying they've changed). Besides, where did I ever say I buy all these phones directly from the manufacturers? I didn't. I buy them second-hand, so I'm not donating any money to the companies, only to the people that bought them originally. If anything, the companies are missing out on a sale because of the phones I buy second-hand.

I'll give you an example. I bought a Motorola Atrix HD second-hand last year. It looked great on paper, but after receiving it, I realized quickly that the battery life was abysmal and the camera was complete crap (the latter being something I knew going in). I used it for a few weeks, even did the RAZR Maxx battery mod on it, but in the end it turned out to be a phone that I just didn't like. I sold it (for more than I paid for it) and have vowed to not use another Motorola phone until they get their stuff together. While all these other Android people have been drooling every time the "X Phone" came up, I turned a blind eye, because until I see tons of reviews that say they've turned a corner, I have no need to listen.

22. jcpb macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

23. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

I really don't understand how some are experiencing "lag" on these new devices.

I've had the Galaxy Note II for about 6 months and not once have I experience lag.

24. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

My experiences don't echo the OP, I also don't have lag on my S4.

25. Hastings101 macrumors 68020

Hastings101

That would be awesome, tired of seeing so many threads that are nothing but random opinion based comparisons. I'm glad that you guys love Android/iOS/Windows Phone/Symbian/Blackberry more than the others but it'd be nice to have all that love in one little section.