Back to iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Simacca, May 12, 2012.

1. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

After having an iPad 2 for just over a year I upgraded to the new iPad a couple of weeks ago. Whilst in my local electrical store today I had a little play about with an iPad 2. I couldn't believe how fuzzy the screen was, text, icons, etc...

Even though the iPad 2 had bright perfect whites, compared to my iPad, I could never go back! I appreciate the retina screen so much more now :)

Felt the need to share this with people, as it has helped me be more positive about my slightly 'off white' screen. Any screen doubts I was having have now gone.

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I agree with this.

I know a lot of people who have the iPad 2 say that apart from the screen, this years update is minor.

But with the iPad, the entire thing is screen. So if you make the screen twice as good, you make the whole experience twice as good.

No way I could go back now.

3. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

I really like the new iPad's screen. I love looking at the "messages" icon on the new iPad, it looks so freaking good. I really don't care that the change is minor, i've never had an iPad and i want to buy one this summer.

A question that's about something else:

When will we hear about iOS 6 Beta 1?
    I really would want an answer from someone :)

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

I agree. I was looking at my bud's iPad 2 and thinking the screen looks bad compared to the iPad 3...especially when you go to the Settings options...the text looks so much better on the iPad 3.

5. Simacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Simacca

I would say the upgrade is a similar experience to upgrading from iPhone 3gs to iPhone 4. Very significant imo.

The main advantages are the screen and camera which I am using much more than I did with my iPad 2.

----------

You can really notice the difference with small text, especially on web pages. I hardly ever have to zoom in on my new iPad :)

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

If I were a betting man I would place my cash on iOS 6 being introduced at WWDC with beta 1 available to devs later that day...probably with iTunes 11 and iCloud beta for notes etc...

7. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

When will WWDC be?

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

9. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

10. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

I wish the new iPad problems are all gone including the heat and WiFi problem. So I have no dubt to buy one. But I do now.

11. yang88she macrumors regular

No issues here, but I've never owned an iPad or tablet before so I honestly have no basis for comparison :D

12. jojoba macrumors 68000

That was my reaction, too. I wasn't planning to upgrade because I hadn't had my iPad2 for more than five months or so. But when I realised how much better the new screen is for reading (I use my iPad extensively to read pfs), I decided to get the retina screen. I'm still amazed every day when I look at it :)

13. Hoggles macrumors regular

Hoggles

The display is everything on a tablet...

Boggles my mind when some people think its not a big upgrade.

It is a huge upgrade....the biggest yet...by far.

Standard definition vs HD definition....

No brainer.