Back to leopard from snow leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wolverineandrew, Nov 11, 2009.

1. wolverineandrew macrumors newbie

Ok so i loaded on snow leopard and days later my hard drive crashed. so to be safe when i got a new hard drive i loaded my computer to normal leopard. i want to fully try snow leopard again to see if some of the up dates fixed some of my programs working but if not i want to be able to go back to leopard. and i know you cant down grade. but if i were to time machine right before i put on snow, if i wanted to go back would it work to wipe my hard drive and reload everything from that time machine back up that had leopard on it? or no? what is the easiest way for me to try snow and if i dont fully like it then go back?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you don't like Snow Leopard, just format the drive and restore from your time machine backup.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you have an external drive for backing up via Time Machine (TM), then you would be better off using CarbonCopyCloner to clone your Leopard installation to the external drive, and when you're not happy with SL, you can boot from the external drive into Leopard and clone back the contents to your internal drive.