Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

traderx1

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
anyone running the final build have the "Back to my Mac" feature working.

I have that feature turned on my macpro and powerbook. But i dont see the Macpro (at home) come up with my powerbook (at work). I have watched the video again on apple's website and can't really figure out what I am doing wrong.

The only other thing I can think of is that .Mac is not yet fully functional. can anyone else try it out and see if this feature is working like it is supposed to...
thanks

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
anyone running the final build have the "Back to my Mac" feature working.

I have that feature turned on my macpro and powerbook. But i dont see the Macpro (at home) come up with my powerbook (at work). I have watched the video again on apple's website and can't really figure out what I am doing wrong.

The only other thing I can think of is that .Mac is not yet fully functional. can anyone else try it out and see if this feature is working like it is supposed to...
thanks

Well Leopard has not officially launched yet so it makes sense that Apple have not activated these features on their servers yet. Wait until it has officially launched and then you will see if it works or not.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
It worked for a while on 9a559 from what I have read over at InsanelyMac, however it only lasted for about a 3-4 days, so it could have been just a test that Apple was conducting.

Never saw it myself, though.

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
Is this back to my mac thing going to be able to find any of the mac even if they are hooked up to routers???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.