Back to Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cuniac, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

So lol, I went from the 13" 2015 512MBP to the 15" 2015 dGPU 512MBP to the 15" 2015 Maxed MBP to an ASUS RoG 980m Laptop just to realize that I wanted the 15" 2015 dGPU 512MBP back hahaha. So I have that now.

On a positive note I did get it 20% off :)

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Sounds like you're indecisive. Glad you finally found something that works for you.

3. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

For now ....

lol

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Asus RoG? Quite an opposite end of the spectrum.

5. Cuniac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya it is. Its so ridiculous. So, I bought the 13" really liked it but wanted a bigger screen, so I got that 15". Loved it so much I figured Id love it even more If I returned it and got a maxed out model. After setting it up, I tried a game on it and was very disappointed on how it performed Vs. the $3200 I paid for it. Even though I know it was not a game machine I expected more for that price. So I retuned it for the ASUS RoG with 980m. This machine I also loved except it weighs just over 9lbs and it didn't run Mac. After having it for a week I realized something (stupid). When am I actually going to use this Gaming Laptop?!? I have a beefy gaming Rig at home, I don't have enough time at work to game during my lunch. I couldn't see where I would actually use it. SOOOO, I started looking at Macbooks again lol, and saw a way I could get the 15" 512 with dGPU for 20% ($500) off. So I got it.

Its been totally ridiculous buying and returning these laptops, but in the end I think I figured out what I actually needed/wanted.

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I see, well, glad you came to a decision. Hoping you made the right one for what you want.

7. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

That was a long path, but I am glad you have figured it out. ;)
    ("All roads lead to Rome").