Back to My Air Port with OS X Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xomphos, Jun 27, 2011.

1. xomphos macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am looking at upgrading my 500GB 5400RPM HDD in my mid-2009 13" MBP to an Intel 320 160GB SSD and in the process changing the way my storage is used. A quick summary is I want to get a 2TB Time Capsule and connect a 2TB HDD to its USB port as a network drive to store and access my iTunes and iPhoto libraries on it. The drive in the Time Capsule would be Time Machine backup that would also backup my iTunes hard drive as well so that I have two copies of it.
    When looking at the Time Capsule, I realized that an external HDD connected to it (my iTunes library) may be setup in a "Back to my Air Port" setup with MobileMe so that I can access my iTunes library on my MBP when away from home. How can this be done now that MobileMe is no more? I plan on doing all this when I upgrade to Lion and I do not have MobileMe now.

Thanks!

2. marc11 macrumors 68000

A recent post from Apple said Back To My Mac was supported as part of iCloud. If it is 100% the same as we have today I do not know, but I was really happy to read this as I use Back To My Mac to access storage connected to my TC all the time from remote locations.

3. nutmac macrumors 68040

According to Apple's FAQ: