Back to my Mac Airport Extreme Maintenance

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LFMNX2, Sep 8, 2016.

1. LFMNX2 macrumors newbie

I manage several remote airport extremes across the WAN. They all share the same appleid however they don't always show up (upper left) in the airport utility, and frequently even when they do I cannot log into all of them as they time out error while logging in. Anyone else experience these two problems. Mostly generation 5 airport extreme and some gen 6. All have latest firmware. I have had some not appear for months at a time then will appear.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

This has been spoken about in these boards the current Apple Extreme firmware breaks iCloud connections so you have to get into each non-responsive Extremes and take out ICloud connections and then reboot them. Then they will appear again!

3. LFMNX2 thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    So you delete the active entries for back to my mac in the airport extreme, reboot then add them back and reboot again. Is that correctly understood?

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

What I am saying there is bug in the latest Apple firmware that is falwed so as a user you have to remove an Extreme/Time Capsule/Express and remove any connections to iCloud and the reboot that wireless device. The that device will reappear in the Airport app!

5. LFMNX2 thread starter macrumors newbie

The devices are setup and working. When I am on the same WiFi network they appear in the main body of the airport utility app. It is when I am not on the same network (another state) I cannot see of manage them as I have in the past with the "Other WiFi Devices" tab upper left. If I understand you correctly I need to get on the same network again and remove the airport and connections from its current network. Simply having someone rebooting it remotely will not solve the problem. I would be interested in any links that Apple has or other discussions on this. Thanks!