Back to my Mac broken in Yosemite for me

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by kissmo, Oct 24, 2014.

1. kissmo macrumors 6502a

Since Yosemite GM 1 I am not able to connect to my home macs when I am outside of the home network.

I have seen some other people complaining about this on other forums but no reply.
    I can see the mac mini - for example in finder - but when I click on Screen Sharing it says Connection Failed.

I haven't changed anything in the configurations of the AE and on my mac mini.

Any advice on this?

2. elbirth macrumors 65816

I have the same problem and have been unable to find a solution yet. Hoping someone has an answer to this...

It works just fine as long as I'm on the same network, but once I'm on separate networks, it just doesn't work. Most of the time I can't even see my other computer in Finder when I'm off the network, which is even more odd.

As a work around I've been using TeamViewer, but it's not as polished as OS X's built-in screen sharing.

3. 98EXL macrumors regular

+1....just added to this thread...but your problems are almost to a T with mine

only problem is, I didn't start to play with this until after I installed Yosemite...so I can't comment on if it worked before

4. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

Same problem here, when I'm on different networks I can barely get it to work. I think it may be iCloud related since I can remote it with VNC Viewer (using the dns name) to the mac back home that just has screen sharing turned on (no vmc server). It's weird.

5. kissmo thread starter macrumors 6502a

How I can get it to work is this:

Go in finder - discover the mac mini for example
    Immediately click on Connect As
    80% of the time I get the Username and Password window.

After it manages to connect (60% of the time) I can click on the share screen and it works.

It sucks though.... this is very awkward way to make BTMM work.

6. 98EXL macrumors regular

after the 10.10.1 update, it seems to be perfectly fine