Back to my Mac down?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Macsterguy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Is anyone else having problems with Back to my Mac this weekend / today?

System status says it was down for maintenance but is back up:

Maintenance - 7/31/2009, 22:45 - 8/1/2009, 12:30 PT
    Due to scheduled maintenance, some MobileMe members may have been unable to use Back to My Mac on Mac OS X Leopard computers. Normal service has been restored. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Down again?

2. sommls macrumors member

I too am having difficulty today starting service for a 2008 MacPro. The caveat is that has never successfully run Back to My Mac. Firewall is set to essential services only, but I assume that isn't the basic problem for the reasons below.

1) the machine in question is listed as a registered device in the MobileMe preferences panel and accesses my iDisk readily (or as fast as the baseline annoyingly slow service allows...)
    2) it synchronizes calendar/addresses with both my laptop and iPhone fine.

The error message I get is "because there's a problem with your connection to MobileMe", which makes no sense given the easy sync.

I will try later today and invoke tech support if the problem's not gone in a hour or two.

3. Macsterguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Same error here: "because there's a problem with your connection to MobileMe"

BTMM has worked flawlessly for me / for months now until apple takes the system down for "maintenance". Every time they do it all stops working.

This is with 4 Mac's and 2 airport routers...

I too will give it a couple hours before troubleshooting. There is always iChat screenshare in a pinch...

4. Macsterguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Just chatted with MM

Yep, it is back down again 8/3/09 1:00pm:

Back to My Mac - Some MobileMe members may be unable to use Back to My Mac on Mac OS X Leopard computers. We apologize for any inconvenience.

It should be back up latter....

Sometimes waiting and patience pays off :)

5. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

I have 3 machines on different routers that have always worked with BTMM but over the last week it has been up and down. Still not working for me: "Back to My Mac isn't working properly because there's a problem with your connection to MobileMe."