Back to my mac not working

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by alexxk, Jul 27, 2011.

1. alexxk macrumors 6502

I have 2 macbook pros, one that I use for work and one for home use only...

I have a mobile me account and on both computers I have mobile me on and screen and file sharing on but neither computer I can see the other one in Finder...

Don't know what to do next, I already went through Apple Troubleshooting page with no luck...

I have Snow Leopard on home mac and Lion on Work.

Any suggestions?

2. marc11 macrumors 68000

I have a similar issue, I can see the other Mac, but since upgrading to Lion I cannot see my Time Machine nor the USB attached HD and I cannot screen share with the other Mac, only access the HD. I was able to do all of this before the upgrade.

3. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

4. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

BTMM - file sharing and screen sharing is working fine for me on 5-macs. Just checked...

* I now use Apple's Remote desktop, now $79 on the mac app store. It is fantastic with many more functions

5. fabian9, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Has it ever worked for you at work? My employer blocks the ports that BTMM uses, so it doesn't work for me. The same applies to my mobile operator, which blocks the BTMM ports when using internet tethering through the iPhone.