Back to Outlook for Mac 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dgbarar, Dec 16, 2014.

1. dgbarar macrumors regular

dgbarar

Hi,

Recently I have upgraded to the new Outlook for Mac. After working with this new Outlook for several weeks I have found it to incompatible with my company's eMail server as I am unable to send out large attachments (>than 10 MB). I get the following error: 4.7.1 Service Unavailable – Try Again Later

Other than large attachments the new Outlook is fine. Unfortunately, I need the ability to send large attachments.

The question is how do I get the Outlook 2011 for Mac. I have looked all over the Microsoft website but can not find it. Anyone know where?

Cheers,

Don Barar

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I don't believe you can download it by itself. It is part of Office 2011 for Mac.

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

That is a limitation set by the server as far as I am aware, no sense in having clients able to set their own limits.

I would explore it with your IT support, it maybe they have a blanket 10MB limit but an exclusion for some users, since upgrade the rule isn't applying the exclusion to you....that is what it looks like to me.

4. dgbarar thread starter macrumors regular

dgbarar

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the replies. I will download Office 2011 for Mac.

I am aware of server limitations for size of files that can be attached. I am able to send the large attachments using my company's webmail. Additionally, I never had issues in the past with the previous versions of Outlook. But who knows, maybe something got changed (either with Outlook or how the server interacts with Outlook).

Don

5. dgbarar thread starter macrumors regular

dgbarar

Thought that I would update on the suggestion that I should download Office 2011 for Mac to get the old Outlook 2011. It appears that Outlook 2011 has been unbundled from the Office 2011.

Any other suggestions on how to get the Outlook 2011.

Don