Back to School $100 AppStore card

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mrrippey, Jul 29, 2011.

1. mrrippey macrumors regular

Hey gang,

looking to buy a Macbook Air and wanted to know if I can get the $100 AppStore card if I buy the Air from a reseller (like MacMall or something)?

Rippey

2. zhaofa90 macrumors newbie

I believe that it's from the apple store only. You may be better off just buying it there since you would qualify for an apple store only education discount anyways

3. marrzie macrumors regular

4. nebulos macrumors 6502a

nebulos

apple = student discount + $100 app store (itunes, etc.) card

bestbuy = on sale (same or better) + $100 (general) gift card

many online retailers = no tax

... but, no tax week is coming up too.

... some configs only available from Apple (or select retailers); Best Buy carries no BTO options, for example.

... the best buy gift card deal is unadvertised. you have to ask for it. there are articles on this online you should look up, including here on MR. have these ready as back up.

:)

5. mrrippey thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the feedback. Since I am in NJ, I will get hit with tax if I get it at best buy or apple store with discount which is about $100 on a 13" Air. I might just get it at best buy as that $100 card I can get something else I may want (like a webcam for my new mini) or MacMall since at the end it will come out to ~$1200 anyway

Rippey

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Depending on where in NJ, make the drive to the Apple Store in Newark, Delaware (Christiana Mall). No sales tax. And with ID you can get the student discount + $100 app store/iTunes card.