Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redbandit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2006
"When you buy a Mac by September 16, 2006, you can get a free iPod nano after mail-in rebate. Or choose another iPod and enjoy big savings after mail-in rebate.* Plus, use your education discount to save even more."

http://www.apple.com/backtoschool/

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
shadowmoses said:
Pretty good deal, looks like ThinkSecret were indeed correct.....

ShadoW

yeah... but they were wrong about the 1gb thing... thank god...

But one thing that makes me mad is that when I first heard about this deal that Apple started way back when, you got the cheapest iPod which held like 20gb, last year when I bought my first mac, I got a 4gb ipod mini, this year it is a 2gb ipod. It just keeps going steadily down. Next year a 1gb iPod nano? Following year a 512 shuffle? geez...

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
wako said:
yeah... but they were wrong about the 1gb thing... thank god...

But one thing that makes me mad is that when I first heard about this deal that Apple started way back when, you got the cheapest iPod which held like 20gb, last year when I bought my first mac, I got a 4gb ipod mini, this year it is a 2gb ipod. It just keeps going steadily down. Next year a 1gb iPod nano? Following year a 512 shuffle? geez...

You are wrong, the discount has always been the same amount, and a free 20 GB iPod never happened.

It was that you could get one for cheap by applying the discount.

Once the iPod mini prices got as low as the discount it was a free mini.

Seeing as the mini and the 2 GB Nano cost the same, the discount hasn't changed.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
Do you know if Apple will allow this offer if a Mac was purchased last Friday. June 03?

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Sweet, this is perfect timing :D Hmm, I don't know if I would keep the nano though.... I already have a 40 Gigger (click wheel). I could sell this one and get one of those nifty video ones. Decisions, Decisions.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
celebrian23 said:
I don't think anyone can complain about getting a free nano, or paying $90 for 30GB, or $190 for 60GB or $50 for 4GB.

It's +$120 for a 30GB, $220 for a 60GB...
Don't know where you got the +$90 and +$190... Though if it is true, please let me know. $190 is a lot more appealing than $220..

TechnoPagan

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2006
If one gets a $179 rebate, at the education discount price of $369 before the rebate, a 60g video iPod would be $190 after the rebate.

This is awesome. My Photo iPod just died on Saturday and I was going to be buying a new MBP on Friday of this week. Yay me!

dracore

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2006
Anyone know if open-box "refreshed" products can also qualify? Technically refreshed is not the same as refurb. There is no mention of refreshed under the Product Elegibility section of the Terms and Condition.

Tully

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2006
SoCal
I just order a 20 inch iMac last week with the education discount, I called today about the rebate, the said there was no way I could get with my current order, but they did give me $100 off instant on any iPod.

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Not that this is news, but I wish the educational discount worked with HS students. I'm guessing the reason they don't allow that is because then most everyone would have some "student" connection, but still.

My family already has an iMac so I really don't need a Macbook, but a discount/iPod would make it that much more tempting to pick one up.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
They could never off this promo if it was for HS students too though- everyone and their grandmother would be using this offer. I also think that college students have a lot more responsibilities than high school students who for the most part live with their parents.

Steve Jobless

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2006
:D good thing i didnt buy my macbook this saturday hopefully my dad will let me buy a new ipod (never told him mine broke) 90 is a steal!

TechnoPagan

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2006
I got them. They are mine: a 60g iPod video, a 17" MacBook Pro, AppleCare on aforementioned toys, an HP Printer that'll end up only costing me the sales tax, and a couple of new iPod accessories (camera link, case). In and out in 20 minutes--no problems: three copies of my receipt and two rebate forms. Apple Dude said I needed to call Apple Rebates to inform them that the cardboard/UPC will be going to for the printer rebate so that there won't be any troubles with the iPod rebate.

And now they will sit in the corner and taunt me from their unopened boxes while I finish grades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.