Back to school after media event

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by littvay, Aug 25, 2010.

1. littvay macrumors member

Dear All

So I've been wondering. Apple announces and start selling new iPods on September 1. Back to school ends on the 7th. Can someone buy the new iPods and get the rebate? Their product number is not listed in the back to school brochure but it is not like the old models will remain available after this date. (At least probably not online.)

Also, lets assume that Apple brings out a new Macbook Air on this date. It is way overdue. Can I buy that computer under the back to school promotion and still take advantage of the iPod rebate?

Finally. What if this Macbook Air is not ready to ship yet. Can I still pre-order and take advantage of the back to school?

Last year the back to school ended the day before the media event. The year before that we had a decent size overlap like it sounds like we will have this year. How was it handled then. Anyone has thoughts on these issues? Is there a store employee around who knows the answer maybe?

I would love to get an update for my Macbook Air and walk away with the free iPod (and preferably the new model). If I can't do it, I'll definitely wait until next summer.

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

It's the old ipod models. If you want the new ipod then purchase it with the regular student discount. Simple.

New air if refreshed during the campaign will be included.

3. Olivier81 macrumors member

surely you could just buy it claim the rebate and then return it swapping it for another newer one?

4. npropes macrumors member

Their rebate program has two sides, it helps sell computers, and it reduces stock before their update.

5. amoda macrumors 6502a

Unless they change their terms and conditions (EXTREMELY UNLIKELY) you won't be able to get the new iPods with the deal.

Apple's terms and conditions regarding the offer specifically state the part/model numbers eligible for the deal. Part/model numbers change every refresh.

6. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

So the general verdict is "no, it's not possible to get a new iPod model with the back to school offer"? :(