Back to school deal: $100 off mac + pair of beats headphones...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Eggtastic, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

I am looking to get the 2016 rMB and found out that because I am a teacher I qualify for the BTS promo. Sounds like a great deal to me because I don't need the beats headphones. I was wondering what I could fetch for them selling them to someone on craigslist. I didn't ask what model they were as it was a phone call to the local apple store and I was just curious in general about what they offer.

Has anyone done this and know what model beats come with?

Thanks

2. noodles5666 macrumors regular

The BTS is only $50 of the rMB line + the $300 Wireless Beats that everywhere else is selling for $200.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 25, 2016 ---
    They are the Beats Solo2 Wireless

Probably fetch $100-150 for them.

3. ToomeyND macrumors 6502

My wife just picked up a macbook pro and I requested the powerbeats2 over the solo2s. They are "worth" less and were the headphones that go with an iPad or iPhone purchase, but I wouldn't use the big solo2s and was in the market for a pair of headphones for running. The powerbeat2s are excellent for working out.

4. Ankaa macrumors 6502

Do you guys think there is any chance at all to swap the beats for another pair of headphones (that are offered in-store) at the same price or even less?

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Last year they weren't worth much because the market was flooded with them by the end of August, so get in early.

6. Ankaa macrumors 6502

They already average around $150 in my area.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, I don't think so, most retailers won't or can't (as there's no mechanism to do such a transaction on their POS system)

8. Ankaa macrumors 6502

What a shame :( I'm not getting on terms with the beats, so they would be completely useless for me. And selling them doesn't gain you much.

9. bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

Keep the Beats for someone you love for Christmas, or for their birthday. It will make an excellent gift.

10. Ankaa macrumors 6502

None of my family and friends likes beats. Guess, we're all too old :p And, I could use a new pair of (good) headphones...just not beats. Well, dang, I guess.

11. bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

TBH, the sound quality of the Beats headphones leaves a lot to desire. My 19 year old Sony MDR-6, which is not even an expensive Audiophile class headphone, sounds thousand times better than the Beats Solo 2. I don't know what is the problem with the Beats? Why can't they make decent sounding headphones?

12. Ankaa macrumors 6502

It's not only the sound quality. For me, it's the design (which of course is super subjective) and the overall fit. I don't think they (the around ear ones) are comfortable, at all.

But besides that, I just feel that for the price you can get better quality. But then again, I might just be too old and don't care too much about bass - apparently many like them, after all.