Back to School Deal 5/25/2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swish2351, May 24, 2010.

1. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I just read on the macrumors front page it will be tomorrow! I am soo excited! I will be purchasing my first mac:D (And getting UFC 2010;)) I was wondering if I purchase my iPod Touch, iWorks, and the MacBook Pro... do I have to charge it or does it come pre-charged? If I have to charge it... how long? I will get it at 6 or 7 so should I just charge it over night? I already know that you do that for the iPod Touch. Any help would be good.

2. vbman213 macrumors 6502

Basically, you buy the iPod Touch and the Macbook pro on the same order. You get a rebate that you have to send in later.

3. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

your computer will likely have some charge to the battery, best to plug it in though.

4. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

rebate takes around 3 weeks ~ a month to come. i bought my macbook pro on april 18th (did the rebate on the same day) and it came around may 20th.

5. swish2351 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it.

6. rockerbsbn macrumors newbie

7. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

$200 if you get itouch.

8. rockerbsbn macrumors newbie

9. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

kinda got jealous when i saw the back 2 school promo today on the apple site. i knew it was around the corner but couldn't wait to get my hands on my 1st ever mac that i've been waiting for since christmas. but oh well, my old fashioned mini ipod will do ;)

10. ValientHimself macrumors member

How long ago did you purchase? If you are still within the 14 day return window, I can confirm that you will still be eligible for the promo. I went into the Apple Store today (Chicago), explained that I had purchased my MBP last week, and walked out 15 minutes later with a new iPod. All they needed was my receipt from the MBP purchase.

11. hypermog macrumors regular

Hey gratz, I work at THQ, what version are you buying?

12. Vyruz Reaper macrumors regular

+1 I got mine shipping tomorrow :D

13. debob macrumors newbie

I will have to try that tomorrow as I just bought my MBP 2 days ago...and I am a college student.

14. mrgiapanta macrumors regular

I read a comment on Gizmodo that if you purchase through BestBuy, they can give you the rebate instantly.

http://gizmodo.com/5547179/buy-a-mac-get-a-free-ipod-touch-if-youre-a-student

I don't like buying through third party like best buy and amazon though. Apple store don't exchange the MBP bought through third party if they have factory defect. You have to deal through your 3rd party, which Amazon does pretty well. But still, I like the feeling of purchasing new computer from Apple Store, even if it means paying taxes.

15. Don Nguyen macrumors member

Does anyone know if it is possible to return the free ipod touch back to the apple store for store credit, or is that specific ipod/box nulled out of the system since it was through their rebate deal?

16. eliasperez13 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if i can still get the free ipod touch if i buy a refurbished ,ac from the apple online store?