Back to School Deal

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lady Arwen, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Lady Arwen macrumors member

Do you think Apple will have the back to school deal like they do most summers? I'm getting a MacBook Pro for college and it'd be nice to get that free iPod along with it. Also, if they do have it, will it be a credit system like the years before? Four years ago, when I got my MacBook, I got a $199 credit for an iPod and I could upgrade to a larger model.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Probably, but there's no way to tell until it's actually announced.

3. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I'm sure they will. They've had it almost every summer for the past little while. I'm hoping they do because I'm planning on picking up a Macbook pro.

4. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

I sure hope they have it. I don't really want an iPod touch. In the previous years, you could get another iPod instead. Am I correct about that? I'd like to "upgrade" the credit (assuming they have it) to a iPod classic. Is that possible, according to past years?

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You get a rebate of whatever the cost is of the entry-level iPod touch, good towards a selection of iPod models. You can put the credit towards and iPod classic and pay the difference.

6. bniu macrumors 6502a

it's basically a scheme for Apple to get rid of existing inventory so they can prepare for the next generation of iPods. I actually declined the free iPod offer last summer, I already had a nice iPhone, had no interest in a 2nd Gen 8GB touch, didn't want to deal with the mail in rebate, and I needed a laptop immediately for my job. Still don't regret that decision :D. This summer I may as well accept the offer since the 4th Gen iPod touch actually has some redeeming quality to it.

7. fambo macrumors newbie

I am also holding out to get a MBP until this summer when I can hopefully score a free iPod as well. When does this promotion typically start?