Back to school free ipod for uk?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macbobby, Jun 20, 2007.

1. macbobby macrumors newbie

i'm was hoping to call up apple today and order a new black macbook but there are things putting me off. other than the fact that we pay an extortionate amount more than anywhere else.

its the free ipod incentive!

so will apple do the same offer for uk stores and when can we expect it? have they done this in the past?

and also the new osx leopard is due out in a couple of months. will there be revisions to the macbook to accompany this new operating system and will the stock macbook run it fine?

how much does apple usually charge to upgrade to the new operating system?

this is will be my first mac and i'm wondering if i should wait so i dont have to pay extra for leopard.

if anyone could shed light to some of my questions that would be great. I have asked the apple sales staff but felt they were giving me bs, typically sales staff answers.

2. Igantius macrumors 65816

These topics have been dealt with in more than one recent thread, but....

iPod deal - normally it begins in August in the UK. Are they doing it this year? Probably. The reason the staff you didn't tell you is because they don't know for sure or because it hasn't been officially announced.

The cost of upgrading to a new version of OS X is the normal purchase price, which you can find at the Apple Store. Usually, if you purchase a new machine shortly before a new version of OS X is released, you can pay a handling and packaging fee to get it instead of full whack.

OS X 10.5 will be released in October - the current MBs will run it just fine.

As I say, this has been discussed quite a bit, so I would look at the other threads if you want more info.