Back to school Free Ipod question:

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 11blue, Jul 30, 2008.

1. 11blue macrumors member

Do you have to purchase it online or through an apple store? Or could you buy it at the little apple store they have in best buy's and still work like that? Because my GF is buying a macbook soon, I would like a free touch, but, we have to get it from best buy. Will it still work?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

According to the promo's Terms and Conditions, it looks like no:

Products must be purchased from the Apple Online Store for Education Individuals, an Apple Retail Store, Apple Telesales, or an Apple Authorized Campus Store located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.

http://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/BTS08_TCS.pdf

3. 11blue thread starter macrumors member

4. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

soberbrain is correct. Best Buy isn't one of the education dealers, so to get the deal (and student discount) you'll have to go through Apple or an authorized campus store.

5. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i dont like best buy one ounce.

The people there have no clue what they are doing. They are paid on commission so tada...they want to sell you the best of everything.

Also, some apple workers are also clueless. I walked into one store..and I was basically telling this girl worker what I should buy (my goal was to just learn about some products..but she kept telling me the wrong things and trying to get me to buy stuff I didnt need).

6. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Yeah, Apple employees tend to do that. They assume everyone is clueless about Macs and can get duped into buying whatever they have. Even if you go in knowing what you want. Its ridiculous.

7. iOrlando macrumors 68000

haha i think I spent 10 minutes alone arguing with her on why an airport express was a better fit for me vs. an airport extreme. then she just went..okay well i have to go check on the ipods, enjoy your day.

8. rbart86 macrumors newbie

Is there any news about a similar offer for the UK yet?