Back to School GC + Employee Discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nerio27, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Nerio27 macrumors member

I'm looking to purchase a MBA (13" 256gb, 8gb) and I'm trying to use my employee discount and get the back to school gift card (I'm working and going to grad school). The education discount takes a flat $50 off all airs and some money off the upgrades. My employee discount however takes a % off airs that comes out better than the education discount.

For the air I'm looking at w/ upgraded RAM, it is about $1539 after the education discount. It's about $1503 with my employee discount.

When going through the education store, you get the screen for the free back to school $100 gift card. Going through the store with my employee discount active however does not have this screen, and I can't see any way to add it. I would like to use my employee discount and get the $100 gift card, has anyone else been able to do this, or know if you can?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can't combine the Back to School promotion with any other discount. It is only available through the Education store.

3. Nerio27 thread starter macrumors member

Figured as much, guess I'll bite the $36 bullet

4. MimiHome macrumors newbie

MimiHome

If you have not purchased yet, sometimes if you call the help line, they will offer you an even better deal. It is worth checking into. Let us know how you did on your discount.

5. Nerio27 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'm going to try calling before. I will likely be waiting until July (Discover gives bonus cashback during your birthday month) but I will update the thread with my results then.

6. danetello macrumors 6502

7. derrranged macrumors member

Yeah, you can only get 1 type of discount or the other, not both. The Apple employee discount is going to be way better than the edu anyway. Why question it?