Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coupdetat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I'm heading back to school this month and I was considering getting an LCD TV for my dorm room. Basically I'm looking for something around 20" and under $400. It needs to have HDMI, DVI, and component inputs and it MUST NOT LAG with games! We have this gorgeous Samsung DLP at home but it absolutely drives me up the wall that an expensive TV can't play games properly due to lag.

I'm not a huge picture quality snob but I'd like something with reasonable colors and sharpness, and it needs to be of high build quality since I'll be moving it around a lot. Also, must be good looking! As a Mac user, I like my technology to look sexy and work well :D

Er.. in short, I'm looking for:
-Around 20"
-Under $400
-No game lag
-Good looks
-Durable
-Good picture quality
-All modern inputs

So, am I asking too much, or do you guys have some recommendations for my requirements?

r1ch4rd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2005
Manchester UK
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN22A...8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1217612811&sr=1-8 -- This has good reviews on Amazon and I would personally recommend Samsung LCDs too. I have one, as do several friends and it has been great.

For the lag issue, my TV (2 year old Samsung LCD) has a 'game mode' that you can engage to stop all of the fancy effects that are slowing down the image getting to the screen.

A good idea with TVs is to just go have a look at some in a shop. That way you can see what looks the best in your eyes, after all it is your eyes that will be using it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.