Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Ok, I have been lurking around over here for sometime and know these questions have been asked till death but please bear with me, its different...

Ill b selling my MB to buy MBP with iPod back to school offer. Am thinking about buying the 80GB one.

Now the thing is there are rumors about the event on 7th and maybe Apple might release the new ipods then. I want to ask is if suppose Apple releases the new ipod which are eligible for back to school offer, would it b possible for me to exchange the ipod for the new 6th gen one.

If suppose I order the laptop on thursday, i think i shud get the ipod by around tuesday (theres 7-10 days waiting for MBP) so, the ipod wud still be in its brand new casing.

Any opinions?

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
The announcement said the event is strictly Mac related, which would lead me to believe there will be no iPods released. My guess is they'll wait until after the promotion to release new iPods.

If I'm wrong, as long as you don't open it or cut the UPC out, I don't see why you couldn't exchange it. Make sure they do the receipts the right way though so that you can still qualify for the rebate. It would probably involve then making it look like you returned both items and rebought so that the education discount on the laptop and the iPod are on the same receipt.

moez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
ok so this means I would have to technically return both MBP and iPod and repurchase both?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.