Back to school offer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by holger, Aug 10, 2009.

1. holger macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I want to buy a 13" MacBook Pro soon and get a free iPod touch with it.

But as new iPods will come out soon, I'm wondering if there's a chance to get the new 2010 iPod touch.
    Thing is, "back to school" offer runs until September 8, the new iPod will come out on the 9th. (Which would make perfect sense, by the way).

So what do you guys think, if I order a MacBook Pro on the 8th, will I get a new 2010 iPod or a 2009 model?

I'm grateful for any other hints or suggestions.

Thanks,
    Holger

2. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

you're going to get the old one. there is no way that apple gives you the new one right off the bat, they want people to buy the new version, not get it for "free".

3. mdgolom macrumors 6502

This happened last year as well. Apple introduced the new revision of the iPod Touch during the back to school promo. The offer was updated to include only the older model. Go ahead an order your laptop now and enjoy.

4. Knoxville3G macrumors member

^^^ Those guys are exactly right. You'll be getting the 2nd (current) gen iPod Touch with the Back to School offer. Apple does this to help clear out inventory of the iPod Touch before it introduces the 3rd gen this fall, it also helps boost Mac computer sales. Go ahead and order your new MBP. Hope you enjoy it!!!

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I agree with what the others are saying. Go ahead and order now, and enjoy.

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

And if you absolutely despise having the 2009 model, sell it and put the money toward a 2010.