Back to School Promo 2017

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cfo314, Jun 5, 2017.

1. cfo314 macrumors newbie

Has the U.S. Back to School promotion for 2017 been announced yet? I can't find anything and IIRC it should have been announced by now.

2. cobioguy macrumors newbie

Apple has started it as late as july in past years. This might be one of the late years given the recent product refresh.

The below link doesn't have 2015 but that year it started in july as well.

https://www.tekrevue.com/apple-back-to-school-history/

3. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

last year it started on June 2nd i believe.

4. lukfire43 macrumors newbie

Curious about the same thing... It did start June 2nd last year...

5. MadDane macrumors 6502a

I am also wondering when it will be announced. I am itching for the new iMac but would like to get the Back to School promotion with it :)

6. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Looking for Beats headphones? lol

7. MadDane macrumors 6502a

Exactly :D I don't need it until September. So might as well get something extra for the same money :p

8. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Here's my estimate. 30 days after WWDC. So that's July 5. Hey, this is a rumors site after all. Also any conjecture about what might be offered? 2014 and a couple years earlier -- Gift Cards. 2015 and 2016 -- headphones. However New Zealand 2017 is back to ... gift cards. So that makes it more likely we'll see gift cards here as well. Maybe $75 Apple Gift Card for the iPad Pro I want? And $100 for iMacs and MacBooks?

9. GreatSc0tt macrumors member

GreatSc0tt

What do u need to provide to get the back to school. I just got accepted into university.

I hope the deal is soon as I start in 3 weeks.

10. trsblader macrumors 6502

In store, you just need a valid student ID or a letter of acceptance with a date on it showing when you start.

I'm also waiting on this to get a new iMac. "Usually" someone leaks it a few days or a week before I launches so hopefully that happens soon.

11. GreatSc0tt macrumors member

GreatSc0tt

in store that makes since but what about online? How do i show that i am a student there?

12. trsblader macrumors 6502

You go to the education store (link in the footer I believe, or just Google it. Once the promo starts though it'll be a main part of the apple.com website banners) and search for your school. After that, there isn't any more authentication, though they do randomly audit purchases and request through email that you provide a copy of your student ID or acceptance letter.

13. YoussefGobran macrumors newbie

YoussefGobran

I talked to my local Apple Store Manager and she said it was guaranteed they won’t be beats or AirPods

14. evangw macrumors regular

Yeah, something like a $100 giftcard seems much more likely. Last year it was to clean out the old beats solo 2 inventory just before the new solo 3's with the W1 chip came out. Unfortunately there's no Beats solo 4 on the horizon. In dollar value, last year was probably the best back to school except for that one year (two years?) with the iPod Touch

15. ChrisDC_ macrumors newbie

ChrisDC_

If your school has already set you up with an email account, using the school email address also helps.

16. GarryDV macrumors newbie

17. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR