back to school promo condition?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crediblekr, Jun 5, 2007.

1. crediblekr macrumors newbie

Hi, me and my roommate were waiting for back-to-school promo for a long time to purchase a macbook. I was wondering about the condition on this promotion. I happen to have coupon from last year this same promotion and it states "Only one coupon per household/physical address will be honoured". Since I don't see this condition on this year's coupon, me and my roommate both can take advantage of this promotion, right?

Thanks in advance.

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I don't think you and your roommate would be considered a household. I feel that's more for a household for tax purposes (which, unless your roommate you are in a marriage or civil union, wouldn't be the case.

I think that policy is more in there so a father and son (or sister, or wife, etc.) don't walk in and each purchase a computer and walk away with a free ipod, when only 1 person in the family is going "back to school".

If anything, just don't buy at the same time. I really don't think they'll check that closely.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There were several instances last year where roommates ran into problems. Also siblings tried to take advantage of the offer (each buying their own Macs and iPods but living at the same address) and had issues with the rebate.

But since there is no such restriction on this year's promo, you should be just fine.

4. crediblekr thread starter macrumors newbie

5. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

just talk to the salespeople and they will work it out