back to school promo ipod classic? or just ipod touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sossity, May 27, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I have been making arrangements to buy an MBP from the apple store for the back to school special, does it cover the ipod classic? or is just the ipod touch? & will I have to pay outright & mail off for a rebate?

2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

You can get the classic but will have to pay $50. You also pay outright and submit a rebate either online or through the mail.

3. gingafeet macrumors newbie

Not sure about your location, but here in Canada (Ottawa) theyre offering rebate of up to $219 on any iPod. so u have to pay the difference if its more expensive.
    and yes, its a mail-in-rebate program.

I assume it be the same in the US as well, but you can call an apple store and double check with them.

4. lcseds macrumors 6502a

In the US, you get A $199 credit. A free 8GB iTouch, or $199 toward a Classic, Nano, or higher capacity iTouch.

5. Black.Infinity macrumors 6502

Black.Infinity

there is not much thing that you can do with ipod classic gooo with ipod touch it's worth there tons of things that you do with it plus new iphone software coming up s0onn

6. djlutzker macrumors member

iPod Touch! No more click wheel! + youll have wifi, apps, its the mini ipad, :D

7. spyderracer393 macrumors regular

On the contrary, if you're looking for a music player, and you have a ton of high quality music, the capacity of the classic is more important than the features of the touch. Though come September, the touch will most likely be 128 GB, negating the need for the classic.

8. lcseds macrumors 6502a

For me, the Classic rocks. I have a 80GB Classic and a 64GB Touch. Hardly use the Touch. I carry the iPod in a flip case on my belt. I can control all the functions by feel on the Classic. I do this on my Bicycle, motorcycle, hiking etc. With the touch, I have to remove it, look at the screen and make sure my fingers are in the right places to slide, touch, etc. Pain in the azz really. I give the Touch props for some of the app/games, etc. For plain MP3, the Classic has the edge.

9. melvinchien macrumors newbie

Classic
    -need to make up the difference in price
    -a bit more storage space
    -click wheel

Touch
    -8gb model is free
    -WiFi
    -Apps
    -touch screen

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I'd make up the difference in price on at least a 32Gb touch (they're giving you a $199 credit for free...best deal would be for the 64Gb touch)...

11. SaltyPiratePony macrumors newbie

-a bit more storage space You're kidding, right? My vote is for the Classic; its sheer capacity is the only reason I bought one. Cba switching songs over every time I get bored of the 'old' ones... Unless your music collection is tiny of course.

12. BurningJah macrumors regular

Yeah! I prefer the classic too! But I got both so I don't complain! I have my fav tunes on my Iphone and when the battery of my Ipod is empty I switch to my Iphone