Back to School Promo ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by udflyer, Jul 8, 2015.

1. udflyer macrumors regular

Last year was late starting 7.1.14, this year I have heard nothing.

Has anyone else heard...maybe Apple stopping the free $100 card ?

2. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

I mean other place in the world got their Back to School promotion. I wouldn't be surprised if the US got gimped, I mean after the 12 Days fiasco and to a lesser extent, U2, several people in charge of promotions and sales probably suggest against doing these kinds of deals in the US. I remember reading that a employee working for Apple overheard that Apple was no longer doing promotions after hiring the new sales person. I took that with a grain of salt but now I'm thinking it might be true.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I googled back to apple school promotions and came across this site: http://www.tekrevue.com/apple-back-to-school-history/

It has the following table and if this is accurate we can see being July 9th its the latest its been before. I'm not ready to say that we'll not see anything but as time goes on its not looking too good.
    backtoschool.png

4. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Yeah I thinking they are skipping this year in the US, kinda get sick of gimping US customers then at the same time at least we get all the new stuff first (iTunes Radio, relative stable prices, new devices, etc).