Back to School Promo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dmac77, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Hi all,

Being that I don't qualify for the Promo, could I purchase a MBP by having him buy it. In other words could I give him the money, and then have him go purchase the MBP for me? Would this violate any of the rules regarding this promotion?

Also, I was wondering, if it is possible to take the rebate I would get for an iPod and put it towards the MBP?

Thanks,

Don:D

2. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Also, is it worth it to wait for nehalem? I'll be working in logic studio and also do a lillte bit of photoshop.

Thanks!

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Technically the computer is supposed to be used by the student (not necessarily bought by the student because obviously many parents pay for students' computers :rolleyes:). That being said, I highly doubt there is any way they will really make a fuss about it, I have heard Apple usually doesn't even check the number of computers you buy with the discount... Also do not register for Applecare in store (if you plan on buying it). Doing so may cause you to put the computer in the student's name, not yours.

Nehalem is going to be a major upgrade over the Penryn/Montevina processors currently in use/slated for upgrade in the fall. Your difference in power will be significantly noticeable over the current generation processors. That being said, if you need the computer now, buy now. The very earliest Nehalem models will make it into computers will be January 2009 which is still 6 months away! I can see it being longer than that if Apple updates its notebooks in the fall after the BTS promo...

Hope that helps.