Back To School Promotion Question...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cfs, Jun 4, 2008.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

Hi Forum,

I read in the terms and conditions for the current back to School Promotion that Educators k-12 are able to get the Mac+ipod deal. However, through conversation with a few people today that I work with, they said that you must be a college student. Am I reading the terms wrong?

-cfs

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

K-12 employees can get the deal, and college students and faculty.

3. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Wish you were there earlier today.

4. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

actually if you read the terms it says the educators K-12 are not able to get it however when I looked at the K-12 educators page the promotion was still there...
    From TAC

"Please note that students, staff, or faculty in K-12 institutions are not eligible for the academic promo. Only full or part-time students, faculty and staff at higher education establishments qualify."

5. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry. I'm confused. How come when I go online to buy it in the edstore logged in as an educator under my k-12 school it allows to me to get the deal?

can you provide a link from Apple stating the k-12 educators are not able to get the promotion? As far as I can tell, they can.

Thanks,
    cfs

6. mets1125 macrumors regular

I think you are wrong... When I read the terms it stated that faculty from grades k-12 were eligible.

7. pianos101 macrumors regular

Yup... Taken directly from the Terms & Conditions:

"Any employee of a public or private K–12 institution or Qualified Homeschoolers in the United States or District of Columbia ARE eligible."

Emphasis mine...