Back to School Promotion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2Turbo, Apr 11, 2011.

1. 2Turbo macrumors 6502

2Turbo

I just purchased a MBP w/education discount and in the shipping notification email, apple has a text block regarding the Back to School Promotion. It says: "Claims must be submitted within 90 days of this Shipment Notification".

As I understand, the free ipod promotion won't be on again until late may. Does this mean I can still get a free ipod as long as the promotion starts within 90 days?

Thx :)

2. Fugue macrumors 6502

Good question. I was wondering the same thing myself.

BTW, did you ask for a free printer rebate? If so, how did that work?

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

4. Fugue macrumors 6502

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

No you can't. When it says claims it means exactly that rebate claims. The ipod is free after a mail in rebate, so you have to purchase the ipod intially and you have 90 days after the purchase/ ship date to submit the rebate claim (which should arrive within 6-12 weeks). If I am not mistaken the ipod and mac (whatever flavor Pro, book, plain, etc) must be on the same receipt to qualify as well. In 2008, I purchased a MBP in late March (when they refreshed the line, pre unibody) and the back to school promotion went into effect in the early/ mid May timeframe. Try as I might, I was unable to get anyone to allow the Back to School promotion. I finally just wrote it off and enjoyed my MBP (I was told by a manager that I at least could find relief in that I had gotten to enjoy my MBP for 2 months more than anyone else). If the Back to School promotion is such a deal breaker for you, I would return your latest purchase and wait until it is officially kicked off, which should be around the end of May.

6. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

What squeakr said!

7. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The Back to School promortion is for students and faculty only. It starts in late May. The iPod touch and the Mac must be on the same invoice, you can claim the rebate online up to ninety days after the purchase and then you will receive a check in the mail for the retail price of the iPod you selected. The rebate you saw is probably for another promotion right now, probably the free printer.