Back to School Rebate Submission Online: No UPC Cut-out Needed?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by re2st, Jun 9, 2010.

1. re2st macrumors regular

Just wanted to confirm, I bought both the Mac and iPod on Apple online store. Submitted the claim online, and that's it? No need to mail in the UPC cut-out? Thanks!

2. iamvexed macrumors member

If I'm not mistaken, you need to print out the form that shows that your registered online, and submit that AND the upc's from the ipod and the computer via snail mail. That's how I had to do it.

EDIT: Also, you need the original receipt showing that the computer and iPod were purchased together.

3. re2st thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response. But I purchased it from Apple Store online, and the email address is exactly the same. Logically they should have known that it is indeed me buying the ipod and the mac.

Any other first-hand experiences? Thanks!

4. exe163 macrumors regular

I just ordered a Macbook pro with edu discount. I followed their instruction and just register the rebate online. Since it's first party rebate, I am pretty sure they will send it soon after the return period expires.

5. musashino macrumors newbie

6. Ann P macrumors 68020

I took advantage of the Back to School promo last year. All I had to do was submit the rebate claim via internet. From there, you just wait.

7. XjeffX macrumors member

Much easier this year. Just supply info from your purchase receipt.

Be sure to use the same email address you used when you ordered (if you ordered online)

8. musashino macrumors newbie

You can do that when you buy from retail apple store?

9. XjeffX macrumors member

Yes. Other than your name/address they ask the following (from your receipt):

Date of purchase
    Total price
    Receipt #

No cutting, no mailing.

10. iamvexed macrumors member

Awesome! Sorry, re2st! Faulty assumption on my part!

11. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

I did this last year and it's all online. I bought mine at the store too, and from memory, it was not too long of a wait.

12. XjeffX macrumors member

It said within 30 days yesterday when I submitted. Though there was a disclaimer that if you returned anything it would be void.

13. Poelser macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!
    Got my first mac ever (MBP 13'') yesterday! :)

I want to take advantage of the BTS rebate and just
    filled out the form online but it still tells me to send the upc and stuff via mail.
    (I'm in Germany btw maybe that is the difference).

I'm wondering though, does it have to be the original cut-out UPC or would a copy work aswell?
    Since I would like to get the printer rebate aswell and I cannot send in the original UPC twice.