Back to school & Refurbished

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iNAND, Jul 6, 2009.

1. iNAND macrumors newbie

New Macbooks are out for a while and some of you might have baught them with the "Back To School" Combo...

While reading the terms and conditions I`m strugling with the phrase
    "Refurbished Apple Computers do not qualify". I mean, I would also buy the old uniboard Macbook, but they don´t sell them any more and I have to take the 13'' Pro instead.

So is the Macbook refurbished? Or the Pro a new product? I've no idea of law and apple's company policy...

ANd another question: I'd really like a ipod tough (when its free ;-)). Anyone knows if they are shipping OS 3.0 or do I have to upgrade manualy?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

White MacBook is included in BTS promotion. Previous gen aluminum MacBooks aren't, those are available on refurb store only (some resellers may have them as well)

Yes, you have to get a NEW Mac if you want a free iTouch

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

From what I can gather, it simply means that refurb Macs do not qualify for the educational discount. Only new computers qualify for the promotions, such as iPods, Touch, etc. However, refurbs are usually better value than new computers, even factoring in the educational discount and indeed, promotional iPods.

Cheers

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110