Back to school sale in August question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ninjapenguinart, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ninjapenguinart macrumors regular

I am considering buying one of the new iMacs and an iPhone, when the new iPhone comes out if it comes out, and I was wondering do you think they will do the back to school sale they normally do with a new mac and an iPod but include the iPhone? That will help me decide if I should get the iMac now and the iPhone later.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

by include the iphone...you mean if you buy an iphone you get a free ipod? isnt that a little redundant?

No, they will not give you a free ipod with iphone purchase.

and i KNOW you dont expect them to give you a FREE iphone...

so im not sure what you are asking

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

They probably meant to ask if the iPhone would be included as one of the discounted iPod models.

The answer: probably not, as they were not included last year.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

They were brand new last year, they didn't allow the new nanos either.

Still though, i doubt they would. Go iPhone, get the free iPod, sell it to a friend.

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i guess its possible...
    that being the case we'll find out in what july? august?

6. ninjapenguinart thread starter macrumors regular

I meant buy a mac and an iPhone and get 200 dollars off. . . I mean I already have an iPod so that's the reason why I am wondering about all of this. I just thought it would be nice if they would do buy a mac and an iphone and get 200 off.

7. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

As someone said before, with last year's promotion, the iPhone was not included, and you could only get a discounted/free iPod.

We suggest that you get the free iPod anyway; it's free, and you can either use it as a secondary iPod or sell it.

8. ninjapenguinart thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah but that same person also said how the new nano wasn't on the yearly promotion either last year.
    Also, can I just return the iPod at a local Apple store stating I lost the receipt if the item is still in the box and still get the discount? Probably not because they can just look at the serial number, but has anyone done it before?

9. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Usually the free ipod is the previous year's model. The promotion started before the new nano even came out. Obviously they're trying to clear inventory for the new models. I suppose if they were planning an iPhone update they might do the same thing with the iPhone -- but once again, it means you end up with an older model.

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

but if they discontinue the regular iphone and only sell the 3g ones no way in heck they are going to discount it

11. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

The discount is in the form of a rebate and you have to send in the UPC from the iPod box in order to get the rebate. So returning it would be pretty much out of the question if you plan on getting any money back.