Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarStrike

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Hi all,

Just had a quick question (sorry if it has been asked before), but does anybody remember when Apple usually does its Back to School sale in the summer?

I have a 2009 MBP that I am looking to upgrade to the new rMBP 15". I know sometime around now is when they hold their BTS promo. Is it usually announced in June? July? What is the promo now? When I bought my MBP in 2009 I think they were giving a free iPod Touch?

Thanks for your help!

SS

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
Hi all,

Just had a quick question (sorry if it has been asked before), but does anybody remember when Apple usually does its Back to School sale in the summer?

I have a 2009 MBP that I am looking to upgrade to the new rMBP 15". I know sometime around now is when they hold their BTS promo. Is it usually announced in June? July? What is the promo now? When I bought my MBP in 2009 I think they were giving a free iPod Touch?

Thanks for your help!

SS

I'm not sure when they do BTS sales, but you can get $200 off if your a teacher or student. Go to apple.com>store>shop mac> The on the upper bar... scroll right until you see "mac for education"

Never mind, just google "apple.com shop for education"

It should be easier that way. Sorry I suck at helping with directions and such. lol

Kal.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Hi all,

Thanks for your help!

SS

If I remember rightly it is july august but it's just some gift vouchers so why worry if you can get the student discount buy it when you want.

StarStrike

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
If I remember rightly it is july august but it's just some gift vouchers so why worry if you can get the student discount buy it when you want.

True - though can't you get both the education discount + the BTS promo? I will be buying a case and a backpack too most likely - I guess the gift card would help for those purchases after buying the computer?

sebseb

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2014
True - though can't you get both the education discount + the BTS promo? I will be buying a case and a backpack too most likely - I guess the gift card would help for those purchases after buying the computer?

They stop giving iPods long time ago! Now they give you a mac app store credit....yeii not sure if that's with the additional discount on computers. And you get 200$ discount on the high end 15" macbook pro! the rest get about 50-100$

StarStrike

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
They stop giving iPods long time ago! Now they give you a mac app store credit....yeii not sure if that's with the additional discount on computers. And you get 200$ discount on the high end 15" macbook pro! the rest get about 50-100$

Yeah I figured they stopped doing that :p. My current MBP is basically turning 6 years old in a few weeks. Upgraded the RAM and added in an SSD...aside from the battery dying, the computer is still in pretty good shape!

I guess I can wait a bit for the BTS promo...shouldn't be too much longer. My brother bought an iPad last year and got a $55 gift card for the Apple store - I'm guessing it'll be a bit more with the Mac. Any money back is a good thing and it'll offset some of the costs for the accessories I'll be getting from the Apple store too.

Mr Retina

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2013
Back to School is only worth the wait If you want an iTunes gift card(Used to be iPod/printer rebates) with the purchase of a new machine. If you currently are a student/teacher, you can take advantage of the monetary discount all year round..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.