Back To School Sale?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iLukeisamazing, Nov 16, 2007.

1. iLukeisamazing macrumors newbie

Apple usually does (at least for the past 2 years) a back to school sale where they give discounts on iPod's and such when you buy a Mac, does anyone know when this starts?

Also, is there a "best" time to buy Microsoft Office for Mac? Like, when will it be cheapest?

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

It's been over for a while. It usually starts during Summer break sometime and lasts through September.

I suggest buying Office from your school, they usually have it for cheap or free.

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Where are you located?

This typically happens in late summer and autumn in North America, and in the UK. I can't speak to anywhere else. You may have missed it.

4. iLukeisamazing thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I need to purchase a new Mac for school next year, so I'm just going to wait until they start again.

5. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Oh, and don't buy Office yet if you can since they're going to be releasing a new version soonish.

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

It started this year on June 5th if memory serves. I'm guessing that next year it will also be in early June (most likely on a Tuesday). I would also expect it to last until September, like it did this year.

Yes. Soonish is supposed to be January, but then it was supposed to be out already, so I guess that's still up for grabs.

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Not necessarily the best advice, but since the OP is waiting to buy their comp, it won't matter. Currently there is a promotion that if you buy Office for mac (current version), you get a free update to the 2008 version coming out soon.

8. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Through what channels? If you buy it through an edu institution you don't always get those kind of deals, oddly.