Back to School Special

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by da3dl3us, Jul 6, 2011.

1. da3dl3us macrumors member

Is the current $100 Appstore giftcard and printer rebate the best this summer or do better student promos occur in August? (sorry, mac newb here asking).

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

This is the best you'll see. Now is a good time to buy, except MacBook Air.

3. Cactusss88 macrumors newbie

You also get $100 off the computer itself (it is the education discount at their store all year around) and $66 dollars off of Applecare. If you just get a computer and the printer, that's $200 in your pocket (or eventually back in your pocket since for the $100 printer it's a mail-in rebate) and $100 in apps.

4. Kendo macrumors 68000

Yes and you also get discounts on AppleCare and a discount on the Mac as well.

5. da3dl3us thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I knew about the $50-200 discount on the laptop (depending on model) as well as the applecare discount. I was just wondering if there was going to be something like a free ipod like last year, and just had to wait for it.

Thanks for the help!

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

$100 Mac App Store gift card instead of free iPod this year. Good for iTunes Music Store, iBookstore, and iTunes App Store as well.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If my macbook was given to me and it was purchased during the promo, can I go back to an apple store and ask for a gift card?

8. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The person who bought it for you probably kept the gift card for themselves. Even so, I highly doubt Apple would let you do this.

9. Dkrogh macrumors member

It doesn't hurt to check into this though. Ask the individual first and then if you didn't receive the edu discount ask apple to see what they can offer you if anything.

10. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

The person who bought it for you has to be the one to get it since he/she has the receipt to verify if an edu discount was placed on the macbook.