Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Anyone heading back to shcool or uni soon?
I'm all set to go on Monday,except for that Mac I crave. (Another story for another day)

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
I'm back to school soon, classes start Thursday, Sept 7. I'm not really 'going' back to school, since my university (Brock University) is about a 20 minute walk or 5 minute bus ride from my house.

However, last year I did visit Dalhousie University in Halifax. Had a great time, but it cost me about $18,000, whereas a year at Brock (and living at home) costs me about $6,000.

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
San Diego State University starts back up on August 28th. So I have two weeks to build my checking account and pay of my parents before I'm back to being broke during the school year.:(

Oh yeah and buy textbooks! There goes another $400-500 bucks!:mad:

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Summer went by soo fast! Atleast next year my School District will start on the 27th instead!

@Tanglewood: yeah having to pay for textbooks suck. Someone stole my Spanish(!) book and I had to pay for a replacement. Not anywhere near 400-500$ though. It was only 56.45 :mad:

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Darn peoples in the North.:p
It's too hot to go to school in Texas in June anyways. So we get out in May.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tanglewood said:
San Diego State University starts back up on August 28th. So I have two weeks to build my checking account and pay of my parents before I'm back to being broke during the school year.:(

Oh yeah and buy textbooks! There goes another $400-500 bucks!:mad:

Textbooks are so absurdedly expensive, I think those companies make more than oil companies. :(

My anatomy textbook alone was $210. :mad:

All I got from it by selling it back was $70. :mad:

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Going to CO School of Mines soon...I think we have some kind of freshmen introduction class next Sunday, and regular classes start on Tuesday...

...but I'm all moved in - I got an apartment, which is lucky for a freshmen. To bad Mines is supposed to be insanely difficult...:(

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
my brother goes back sept 26 or something, really late, i however go back to school on the 6th, and that's back to Highschool:mad:,

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
I "go back" to Penn State on September 5, although I'm technically not going anywhere. :p I go to one of the branch campuses, and it's less than 20 minutes from my house. I'll be starting my sophomore year off with a bang: I'm taking 20 credits this semester! :eek: I kind of screwed up when I enrolled and took some business courses and then realized I didn't like business. At all. Now I'm pursuing a Math major and a Business/Liberal Arts minor, so my schedule is pretty jam-packed. Here's what my schedule looks like for this fall:

Calculus 3 - Multivariable Calculus
Physics 2 - Electronics and Magnetism
Asian Philosophy
Macroeconomics
Computer Science for Engineers - Basic C++
Accounting 2 - Managerial Accounting

I can already tell that I'm going to be spending too much time on MR instead of studying... ;)

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
New teacher orientation the week of the 21st.

Teacher in-service days the week of the 28th.

Kids arrive after labor day.

I'm eager (and rested) at the moment. Should be about 2-3 weeks before I'm ready to gouge my brain out with a spoon.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
Next Wednesday, sadly enough. And I get to get used to a new school! High school! Although I already went to band camp. NO I'M NOT A DORK!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.